Easy, Secure APIs with LoopBack and Auth0
April 3, 2018 in San Francisco, CA
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to build a full CRUD API – including user authentication – and a simple front-end client using LoopBack and Auth0. Loopback is a highly extensible open-source Node.js framework that can be used to build dynamic end-to-end REST APIs. With little or no code, Loopback hands you the power to:
- Quickly create APIs.
- Connect your APIs to data sources such as relational databases, MongoDB, REST APIs, etc.
- Incorporate model relationships and access controls for complex APIs.
- Providing a CLI tool for use.
- Extend your APIs
LookBack runs on-premises or in the cloud. It also provides several add-on components for file management, 3rd-party login, OAuth2, Storage providers e.t.c. Simply put, Loopback allows you to create REST APIs in minutes. It does that by:
- Providing a built-in API explorer.
- Allowing a developer create models based on a particular schema.
- Allowing a developer to create dynamic models in the absence of a schema.
- Providing SDKs for iOS, Android, and AngularJS to easily create client apps.